Hand Stitched Tie-on Pocket Pattern
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
Tie-on Pocket Pattern
This is a HAND SEWING project, though you may wish to machine stitch the outer seam.
If you are only purchasing patterns, books or magazines from us, be sure to choose "Media Mail" as your shipping option. Your shipping cost will be only $3.95.
Approximate finished dimensions: 8" wide x 10.5" tall with a 5" deep pocket opening.
Popular from the 17th to the 19th centuries, tie-on waist pockets were an essential accessory to a woman’s wardrobe. Making a pocket was a skill learned at an early age, part of the progression from girlhood to adulthood. A very portable project, it could be easily picked up at odd or stolen moments, alone or with others.
This tie-on pocket is a perfect addition to a modern day wardrobe. It may no longer contain a nutmeg grater or lock of hair, but it is the ideal spot for a smart phone. It is a simple hand-stitched project to steal away a bit of treasured time.
• (2) 9“ x 11” [23cm x 28cm] pieces of medium to heavy-weight linen or lightweight cotton canvas. Vintage linen tablecloths or runners/napkins can also make great pockets
• 2 yds [2m] of 3/4“ [20mm] cotton twill tape
• 10” [25.5cm] of 1/2” [20cm] bias tape OR an additional 10” [25.5cm] of the 3/4” [20mm] twill tape
• sewing thread and sewing needle
• embroidery thread and embroidery needle
• water soluble pen or Frixion marker
• various patches of fabric (optional)