Hand Quilted Zipper Pouch Pattern
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
This is a HAND SEWING project.
Difficulty level: Advanced Beginner
If you are only purchasing patterns, books or magazines from us, be sure to choose "Media Mail" as your shipping option. Your shipping cost will be only $3.95.
Please note: there are NO TEMPLATES to make this pouch. All pieces are cut using a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and quilting ruler or fabric scissors.
Finished measurements: Approximately 9" x 6" x 3”
This entirely hand stitched boxed corner pouch is perfect for sewing notions, make up, knitting supplies, or whatever items are currently tumbling around on the bottom of your project bag. Use a basic hand quilting technique in a variety of patterns using embroidery or sashiko thread. These pouches only require a small amount of fabric, so you can use remnants you have on hand, found vintage treasures, or else treat yourself to a few yards of your fabric fabrics and make some for your friends.
Recommended fabrics: medium weight linen or linen blend, quilting cotton or lightweight canvas
Requirements based on 44” wide fabric:
• ¼ yd [23 cm] Exterior fabric OR various scraps/remnants, enough to make up a 25” x 8” rectangle [63.5 cm x 20.3 cm]
• ¼ yd [23 cm] Lining fabric
• (6) 3” x 4" [7.6 cm to 10 cm] fabric pieces for drawstring tabs
• Additional fabric for appliqué pieces
• 2 yds [2 m] cotton drawstring, or ¼“ [7 mm] cotton twill tape, or similar lightweight cording
• ½ yd [46 cm] fusible woven interfacing; Pellon SF101- 20" [50 cm] wide (*optional: this will make the pouch a bit more sturdy if you would like the bag to sit upright when open.
Additional supplies and tools: Rotary cutter and mat, acrylic quilting ruler, scissors, iron, sewing thread, removable marking tool, 6 strand DMC embroidery floss in assorted colors, embroidery needle, pins, large safety pin